Professional & Continuing Education (PCE)
By partnering with the university’s colleges Professional & Continuing Education (PCE) uses the educational resources of UMass Dartmouth to offer degree and certificate programs to students whose lives may not permit conventional college attendance. PCE offers credit and non-credit courses at convenient times and locations and in formats and through technology that best meet the needs of these students.
PCE is committed to providing access to a quality education whether the interest is one course, a degree, or a non-credit seminar. Courses are offered face-to-face, in a blended format, and fully online. Sessions are offered during fall, spring, summer, and winter Intersession each calendar year and in fourteen, seven, five, and three week sessions.
Many students who attend the university through PCE work full-time, have family responsibilities, and a limited amount of time available to devote to school work. It serves students of all ages, including those who may have had to defer continuing their education for significant periods of time between after high school or even after beginning college. Whether a students register for courses each fall term, each spring term, or continue through many terms, they are advised individually to meet academic goals.
Hallmarks of Professional and Continuing Education are its:
- Flexible learning format, tailored to the needs of adult students.
- Support for those who are unsure of their ability to do college work.
- Summer and winter Intersession courses available for all students.
- Opportunities to explore personal interests through credit and non-credit courses.
- Ease of registration.
To learn more, call 508.999.9202 or e-mail: email@example.com
Registration & Payment Information
There are multiple ways to register for courses: by phone with a credit card, in person at the University Enrollment Center (UEC), through COIN self service, online as a guest, and more. For registration questions, call 508.999.8857 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PCE provides scholarship opportunities for those who qualify. Through the Success by Degree scholarship, PCE awards qualified Massachusetts community college graduates a scholarship equal to a 33% tuition waiver for each course taken to complete a bachelor’s degree through PCE. Restrictions apply. For more information on this and other PCE scholarships, contact a PCE Admissions Coordinator at 508.999.9202.
Degree & Application Information
Professional & Continuing Education offers an open, rolling admissions policy and program which provides degree candidates with an ongoing and “user friendly” process for initiating degree candidacy.
Corporate Programs, Partnerships, & Lifelong Learning
PCE’s corporate programs and partnerships help businesses and organizations improve morale, enhance quality of service, create higher employee retention, and increase revenue, all of which can help reduce the cost of doing business. PCE is a leader in providing customized corporate programs for today’s competitive workplace. High-quality workplace training programs are offered on- or off-site, and are tailored to each organization’s specific learning objectives, goals, and budget.
Non-credit, lifelong learning programs enrich the intellectual, social, and cultural lives of participants in a relaxed environment, regardless of educational background. Lifelong learning courses offer a place to meet and interact with new people, listen to and participate in encouraging lectures, or take in-depth courses of study. The variety of courses and programs offered help participants to pursue interests and hobbies, offer opportunities for career growth or meet professional requirements, as well as simply allowing for a new and fascinating learning experience.
Undergraduate Degree Programs
The following is a complete list of undergraduate programs offered through PCE:
Bachelor of Science:
- Management - Cape Cod
- Nursing RN-BS Degree Completion Program - ONLINE
- Med Lab Science: Health Services Option
Bachelor of Arts:
- Crime & Justice Studies
- Liberal Arts
- Liberal Arts - Cape Cod
- Liberal Arts - ONLINE
- Women’s & Gender Studies - ONLINE
- Management (for non-business majors only)
- Women’s and Gender Studies
Graduate Degree Programs
The following is a complete list of graduate programs offered through PCE:
- Master of Arts in Psychology - Applied Behavior Analysis Option
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration - Cape Cod
- Master of Public Policy
- Master of Public Policy (MPP) Degree - ONLINE
- PhD in Mathematics Education
Undergraduate Certificate Programs:
- Sustainability Studies - ONLINE
- Women’s Studies - ONLINE
Post-Baccalaureate / Graduate Certificates:
- Business Foundations - ONLINE
- Educational Policy - ONLINE
- Environmental Policy - ONLINE
- Initial Licensure - Middle
- Initial Licensure - Secondary
- International Business - ONLINE
- Organizational Leadership - ONLINE
- Sustainable Development - ONLINE
- Web and Interaction Design