Core Animation classes provide students with necessary skills/knowledge for working in the industry, while one elective class chosen from a list of recommended classes allows each student to choose a course aligned with their personal animation interests.
The minor in animation offers students the opportunity to:
* understand the roles of a professional animator in the field
* work with digital tools such as Photoshop and Maya
* develop skills which will enable production of animations for TV and film
* produce a portfolio of 2D and 3D animation
* prepare for careers such as:
To declare an Animation Minor, students must be a degree candidate who has earned at least 24 credits, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 and a minimum 2.5 grade point average in their major.
Note: Minors in this concentration may be required to have a laptop.
Animation Core Courses (15 credits)
AXD 245 Story Structures
AXD 246 Principles of Animation
AXD 345 3D Modeling
AXD 346 3D Animation
AXD 446 Adv. Topics in Animation + Game Arts
And 1 course from the following (3 credits)
AXD 311 Illustration: Character Design and Environments
AXD 347 Visual Design for Games
AXD 384 Digital Video Production
AXD 446 Adv. Topics in Animation + Game Arts (may be taken more than once with different topics)